I have been asked to share some of my tips for writing data response economic questions. I hope this helps! 🙂
1) Know how many mark question they are e.g. I know in my Jan exam for the Data response there are 4 question and the marks they hold (4, 12, 8 and 16 marks)
2) Know how the marks are split e.g. in unit three except for the 4 mark one they tend to be 50% analysis and 50% evaluation.
3) Know how to split that further so if evaluation is worth 6 marks know that you can discuss two factors worth 3 marks each or 3 factors worth 2 marks each.
4) Once you know this all you need to do is write down you points whether analysis or evaluation to marks you allocated above.
5) It is good to know this structure off by heart, memorise it and use it for planning big questions in exams
6) In terms of analysis, you are defining key terms, applying economic theories such as theory of PED to the question and drawing diagrams.
7) In evaluation all you are doing is saying whether this is different in the long-run, is this an actual realistic thing, other factors that affect what you said in evaluation, ceteris paribus (is it assumed that all factors are equal), prioritising and justifying points, if for example you are talking at tax or subsidy then you can discuss that it depends on the size of the tax for the effects to happen etc.